Terms of website use
1. At Kent Gliding Club, we not only value your business, we respect your privacy. That’s why whenever you visit us at Kent Gliding Club you’ll never have to worry about whether or not information you share with us will be used without your permission.
2. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all the information contained with this web site, Kent Gliding Club shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from use, access, or reliance on the information contained therein.
3. No responsibility is accepted for any typographical error, or alleged infringement of brand name, trademark, copyright or design resulting from the use of pictures, texts or links from this web site.
4. This web site and its contents are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and European Union as applicable.
5. Kent Gliding Club is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
6. Kent Gliding Club regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important and is fully committed to the principles of data protection, as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Why do we have this notice?
7. Our privacy notice will help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have.
8. A quick note on terminology: when we use the phrase “we” in this notice, it refers to Kent Gliding Club only. Our clients and suppliers are independent organisations that have their own privacy arrangements.
9. When we say “our services”, we mean the services provided by Kent Gliding Club – such as our support helpdesk – online, over the phone, in person or remote.
10. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Kent Gliding Club is termed a ‘data controller’ which means that we are responsible for how and why personal data is used.
11. Please also note that this privacy notice covers the Kent Gliding Club website. Other websites linked to or from this site are not covered by this notice.
What information do we collect and receive?
12. We process personal data in connection with our activities as a gliding club.
13. Under GDPR, we use ‘legitimate interests’ to process your data. ‘Legitimate interests’ means the interests of our organisation in conducting and managing our activities to enable us to give you the best service. For instance, we have an interest in making sure you receive the right support glider training programme. To do this, we may process your information to be able to contact you when something goes wrong – for example the weather. You can, of course, tell us if you wish to be contacted differently, or not contacted at all – our contact details are below.
What personal data could we hold about you?
14. You may be asked for personal data if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer. We will use the personal information you provide to administer our relationship with you and deliver the services you have told us you wish to use or to send you information that you have requested.
15. We may also offer you the opportunity to receive additional information about our activities or those of our suppliers and partners. You may opt out of this at any time by contacting us.
16. Information that you supply will be treated in confidence and in accordance with the principles of the GDPR.
17. The types of personal data we hold on you might include:
• Your full name and salutation
• Your job title
• Your home address
• Your company or home email address
• Your company or home telephone number
• We may store notes relating to your previous contact with us.
18. We store this information on a secure database. This information is kept as accurate as possible – all of our staff take responsibility for keeping this database up to date.
19. We store your personal data just for the intended purpose (e.g. for the support you’ve asked to receive or the associated services provided), and we take steps to collect only the minimum personal data necessary, that it’s accurate, and kept for only as long as necessary, after which it is deleted from our database.
20. We will amend your record when you tell us that your details have changed (e.g. you change job or your phone number). If you would ever like us to delete your record, we’ll do it straight away if you request us to do so. Otherwise we’ll keep it on file for seven years, after which, if we still haven’t heard from you in another capacity, we’ll delete it on your behalf.
How do we use your information?
21. We use your information to provide and improve the services we operate – such as our helpline, remote support or onsite support. Kent Gliding Club accesses and uses this information as reasonably necessary and in accordance with your instructions:
22. To communicate with you:
• Through email, phone or voicemail.
• Responding to your requests. If you contact us we will use your information to respond.
• To tell you about changes in how we operate. For instance, if we change our billing process, we’ll let you know what’s new. These emails and messages are considered an essential part of the services provided by Kent Gliding Club.
What other information could we hold?
23. Kent Gliding Club may also collect and receive:
• Billing and other information: some members and customers pay a subscription to Kent Gliding Club. In doing so, we may collect and store the billing address, credit card information or other payment methods provided to us by your organisation.
• Service usage information: we look at how much of our services you use to tailor the support we can provide.
• Website traffic: we also store some information to enable us to see how popular pages on our website are and news items in our newsletters. This typically involves assessing aggregate level information, such as IP addresses. Analysing this information allows us to tailor our services to meet your needs.
• Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using to access our services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
How do we protect the security of your information?
24. Kent Gliding Club takes security seriously. We take various organisational and technical steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
25. Occasionally, we introduce changes or improvements to our systems. Any test data that may have been used in this connection are managed in a secure and confidential manner.
26. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of Customer Data and other information, please contact us.
28. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies aim to make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
29. Kent Gliding Club uses third parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
When can we share and disclose your information?
30. For the majority of the time, we do not share the information described in this privacy notice with other organisations. However, on occasions, we may share information with others as follows:
• With third party service providers and agents: We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
• To comply with laws: To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
• To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety: To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
31. You can determine your own preferences for such sharing and disclosure by contacting us.
How do you contact us about the data we hold on you?
32. If you would prefer us to:
• Stop contacting you
• Amend your information
• Delete your information
• Change your preferences (for instance if you would prefer us to only contact you about certain things or restrict what information we hold about you)
• Any other change
Please tell us. You can do so by email. We will make any changes requested within 1 month, or sooner.
33. You also have the right to ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
34. If you have any questions about Kent Gliding Club’s Privacy Notice or practices, please contact us. Our contact details are:
Kent Gliding Club Ltd
Kent TN25 4DR
How do I report a concern about how you have used my data?
35. If you feel we haven’t handled your data properly, please contact us and we will do everything we can to rectify the problem.
36. If you feel this doesn’t go far enough, or if you want to report your concern elsewhere, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Changes to this Privacy Notice
37. We may change this notice from time to time. If we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised notice.