Kent Gliding Club Welcomes New Members. If you would like to discuss membership or would like a Membership Application Form please contact the club office by phone or e mail.
Below is information about what the club has to offer and a guide to membership and flying fees.
The Kent Gliding Club is owned by its members and operates from the Kent Gliding Centre near Challock.
The club and strives to be a vibrant, safe and well-equipped club. Usually we fly every day from April to September and at weekends and Wednesdays during the rest of the year (subject of course to the weather) except Christmas Day. Training is available. Currently we have some 120 flying members (including those in training, solo pilots and about 20 qualified instructors). We also have about 30 social members. We usually have a good group of new members learning to glide so there will be others to share your learning experience. The Club owns the airfield, aircraft and infrastructure outright and the Centre has excellent facilities which include:
- Accommodation with showers and toilets
- Caravan park
- Trailer park
- On site maintenance contractor.
- Cafe and bar
Club Flying Member benefits include:
- Free instruction (air and ground)
- All necessary insurances
- Access to the club fleet of two-seat and single seat gliders
- Option to base your own glider at the club (additional fee)
- Invitations to all social events and the club’s competition week
Social member benefits include:
- Access to all Gliding Centre facilities
- One launch per quarter (being flown by a suitably qualified friend or a club instructor)
- Invitations to all social events
Membership fees are as follows : (membership is open to persons over 12 years of age. There is no upper age limit)
- Adult (over 18) Annual subscription £530
- Young Member (18-25) annual subscription £150
- Junior (12-18) annual subscription £100
- Social Member annual subscription £100
Flying Costs (for members)
- Winch Launch £9.50
- Aerotow (to 2,000 ft) £42.00
- Reciprocal day membership (for visiting pilots) £12.00
- Soaring in K21 / Puchacz (per minute) £0.65
- Soaring in SZD51 Junior (per minute) £0.50
Special ‘Affordable Flying Membership‘ is available for those eligible in restricted financial circumstances. Please contact the club if you would like to discuss.